Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Youtube media and the almighty Photoshop, but mostly Youtube

  • Software that you use - familiar with
Photoshop CS6-Extended is the one application that you will always find active in my computer dock, that is unless I'm working on something else that requires more computer speed because unfortunately Photoshop likes to suck the speed out of a Mac. Having the ability to edit photos and make my own creations when the inspiration hits me is handy, and having a program that allows me to create some of the best quality, if used properly. 
  •  Media that you engage with - other than software
Youtube is by far my favorite type of media. I am all for supporting the 'little guys' and their creativity. It is a platform that I hope to work on, given I find others who want to partake and help me share stories, visually, to the world. Youtube is proving itself to be a large contender in the entertainment world, there is just something different about being able to interact with your audience and have that instant feedback that can change a business; not to mention the amount of heart that goes into making many of these one man business shows.
  • What you think of as ‘ultimately cool’ convergences of English and media
Here I go again about Youtube, one of my favorite additions that they have made has been the addition of in video links. With this update it allowed creators to think about making videos in a different way. They allowed their viewers to essentially pick their own adventure, but instead of in the traditional book format, it is all in video.
  • Websites that have gone through an evolution that you don’t like
When a site makes it difficult to find the content that you want to see, but makes it really easy for you to find content that you don't really care to see; it can cause a bit of a problem. Once again, Youtube, likes to make things difficult. As innovative as the platform is, some of its constant updates can be a bit of a hassle. I still use the platform, clearly, as I want to support the people who make content that I enjoy, but it is a bit of a hassle when I have to click through several pages just to find the content that I have subscribed to. I don't always want to see content that a database thinks that I might enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment